Fluency is the goal in this fun drill game. Two board games in one! Spin sums on the addition board or differences on the subtraction board and search for a matching problem. The goal is to claim four spaces in a row and block your opponent from doing the same. Features multiple computations per play, strategic thinking, and a level playing field for beginner and master, all hallmarks of a Power Learning™ game. Encourages fluency in addition to 9 + 9 and in subtraction to 18 - 9. For 2-4 players or teams.
Intended Use: Practice addition and subtraction facts up to 18
Key Objective: (State, National & Common Core Standards) Develop fluency in basic addition and subtraction facts
• 2 Game boards permit two sets of players to be involved at the same time.
• The distinctive format has players spin the answer and claim a corresponding problem on the board.
• Provides rich environment for mastering basic facts
• Students are empowered to develop academic muscle while engaged in intensive but enjoyable practice.
• A playing field where novice and master can match wits
• A "need-to-know" motivation to achieve basic facts mastery in a playful context
• Cultivate the skill of scanning – the ability to quickly calculate multiple problems in order to determine optimal results.
• Supports state and national mathematics standards
Value-added Feature: Suggestions for game variations in addition to the two basic games
The distinctive format of these games has players spin the answer and claim a corresponding problem on the board. The winner is the first player to claim four adjacent spaces horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
Grades 2 and Up
Material Code 1132
Aligns with Application of Common Core State Standards for English Language Learners.
10 Common Core Aligned Teaching Tips for your classroom! Need ideas? Get them now! Or do you want 101 Teaching Tips for only $5.99? Click Here! All teachers need new...
How do I do it?Finding the theme or main idea of a story can be a challenge for language learners and can require significant support. The following process will help...
101 Great Teaching Tips for English Language Learners: Flexible & Fun Teaching Ideas for the Kindergarten to Adult Classroom with Language Learners (eBook) This e-book provides 101 research-based teaching...
Everyday ELL is now Every Language Learner.