Prepare for liftoff! Bone up on grammar, parts of speech, punctuation, word forms, idioms, paragraph correction, reading comprehension, sentence construction, vocabulary, spelling, and more! Three questions (grammar, vocabulary/reading, and writing) on each of 100 cards capture player interest with facts from science, proverbs, dialogues, humor, etc. The spin determines the question. Add fuel and move toward the top of a rocket with each correct answer. The winner is first to fuel all three rockets. Four masters provide experience in editing sentences and paragraphs. Supports a multitude of state and national standards.
Intended Use: Wide-ranging practice in English language skills
Key Objectives: (State, National & Common Core Standards)
-Edit for subject-verb agreement -Choose correct verb tense
-Identify parts of speech
-Correct double negatives
-Apply the correct prefix or suffix to root words
-Use context clues to determine appropriate words, including homophones
-Interpret idioms and words with multiple meanings
-Identify the purpose of a text
-Draw conclusions about a text
-Edit paragraphs by adding, deleting, or rearranging words and sentences
-Edit to improve writing conventions: punctuation, capitalization, spelling, sentence structure, and word form
• Way to bone up on grammar, word forms, idioms, paragraph correction, punctuation, reading comprehension, sentence construction, spelling, vocabulary, parts of speech and more
• Three questions on each of the 100 cards capture the interest of players with facts from science, proverbs, dialogues, humor, and short readings on a variety of subjects.
• Four masters extend the review of English, providing actual writing experience in editing sentences and paragraphs.
• An answer key is provided.
• Can be played as a board game, or the question cards can be used for exercises improvised by the teacher or for individual review • Supports a multitude of state and national standards in the English language arts
When players correctly answer a grammar, vocabulary/reading, or writing question, they move up a rocket, fueling it for launch. The winner is the first to reach the top of all three rockets.
4 Game Boards
100 Cards (300 Questions) Instructions
Dimensions: 9.25 x 12.5 x 1.5"
Material Code: 1320
Grades 5 and Up, ELL & ESL
10 Common Core Aligned Teaching Tips for your classroom! Need ideas? Get them now! Or do you want 101 Teaching Tips for only $5.99? Click Here! All teachers need new...
101 Great Teaching Tips for English Language Learners: Flexible & Fun Teaching Ideas for the Kindergarten to Adult Classroom with Language Learners (eBook) This e-book provides 101 research-based teaching...
Target development of key vocabulary — especially for first-graders! Photo cards are an incredibly flexible tool that can help students to practice with content vocabulary in a multitude of...
Everyday ELL is now Every Language Learner.